Command Line Option
Plot support some command line options even if none interactive usage is not the focus of Plot.
- -i <filename>
- Import the file and treat as multicolumn ASCII input.
- -m <macro filename>
- Execute the content of the given filename as macro.
- -f <filename>
- Provide a filename to the macro (-m). The Filename will be stored in
- Hide all inspectors and panels.
- Terminate Plot after macro execution.
Example: If you want to import a ASCII file and save the figure as PNG file make a macro file in you favorite text editor like this:
import /Users/mike/Desktop/test.dat 0 savepng /Users/mike/Desktop/test.png
and enter in you terminal something like this:
/Applications/Plot.app/Contents/MacOS/Plot -m import.macro -q -h